Friday, January 22, 2016

Who Am I? And What Do I Expect To Learn In the Next Few Months?

Hi, I'm Marie Doffermyre and here's a little bit about me:

Being from a small town in Maryland, where the Chesapeake Bay surrounds almost everywhere (if you know about how bad the pollution is in Maryland, it's not a pretty sight), i desperately needed a change in scenery. Two years ago, the University of Tampa sounded like the perfect choice for a simple girl like me, and i'm happy to say that it still is. Going to such a small school has served me great when growing as an individual as well as providing me so many great opportunities to become involved around campus. I love that i am able to create a personable relationship with my professors here at UT, instead of simply being a number, which is what i would have been if i went to a large state university like most of my friends back in Maryland.

Going over 1,000 miles away from home for college was a major leap for me. Over the past two years here i have become involved in the sorority Delta Zeta, and also hold an executive position on the planning committee of one of University of Tampa's largest events, Relay for Life.  Being busy is something i have always enjoyed, i hate having nothing to do, so i am always looking for volunteer opportunities. When i am not doing sorority related activities or helping plan the 2016 Relay for Life event, i love exploring Tampa, hanging out with my friends, and even just laying in bed watching Netflix. 

When i signed up for Art 210, i was eager and very excited. In high school i was convinced that i would get into graphic design because i love art and have always been very creative. The reason why i love being apart of the communications program at UT is because of all the different ways i have been able to use my creativity in classes so far. With Art 210, i expect to learn photo editing skills that will be useful for me down the road since my dream job is to be a creative director at an advertising agency. I also am fascinated with photoshop. I find it amazing what a person is able to do in a click of a button, thus leading them to distort, better, or completely add their own creative twist to an image that was different seconds ago. I cannot wait for this course to better, and also challenge my creative and critical thinking skills. 










No comments:

Post a Comment